CACH or Central Application Clearing House is a referral for students who haven’t been able to secure a place in the institution of their choice. It offers a second chance to such students and uses their educational information (technical and vocational) with higher learning institutions for them to secure a place.
Note: The condition is that the students must have qualified for the entrance test.
This wide database is available for all accredited institutions (including public universities, TVET colleges, and the University of Technology). It has a self-service portal where students can register, apply, and check their application status. Once you have an account on the portal, the institutions will contact you directly. The good thing is that your information is confidential.
Who Can Benefit from CACH Services?
This government service is provided to all students and institutions under the umbrella of Higher Education and Training. Here are some scenarios in which it can benefit you;
- If the student has applied for a higher institution of their choice but the application was rejected, and all the deadlines have passed to apply somewhere else.
- If the students haven’t applied to any higher education, it is too late to apply anywhere.
- If the students haven’t applied based on their 11th Grade marks and he/ she is sure to secure a place in a higher institution. And now, it is too early for them to get the 12-th grade result.
- If the students are unsure about where to apply.
- If the students have no clue about what to study once they have completed their matriculation.
How to Register at CACH Application Portal?
Registering to the CACH online application portal is pretty straightforward. All you need to do is fill in some information and set a password. Here is how you can do it.
- First, open the Portal page on your browser.
- Next, enter your mobile number, email, and password of your choice. You will soon get a verification code. Type in the code and select Confirm to all the Terms and Conditions.
- Finally, click Submit, and you are done.
How to Login to Your Account?
Now that you have registered for the account, it is time to check whether it is working. All you need to do is follow these basic steps for a login.
- Open the CACH Portal on your browser.
- Now, you will see the homepage. Click Sign In and enter the login information (username and password). Next, click Login, and you will be able to access the portal.
How to Apply on the CACH Online Application Portal?
Applying to CACH online portal is fairly easy and needs no complicated steps. Here is how you can apply to access the CACH services.
First, open your browser and go to the CACH online Portal.
- Login to your account as explained in the above-mentioned method.
- Next, it will ask you to fill in some educational details. This includes 12th-grade results, ID card number, nationality, personal information, email address, contact details, field of study, and program of your choice.
- After this, check some boxes for sharing the information or leadership, in case you are interested. Click Send, and you are done.
- CACH has stored all your information in its database.
How to Verify Your Information?
Once you have entered all the required information in their database, it is time to verify it. There are two methods for it, either through a text or a call to their call center. Next, an agent will either call you back or answer your call verifying the information.
They will ask you some questions, and all you are expected to do is, to be honest and sincere. The educational information will be verified by the National Higher Education and Training database by the organization itself. Now, most is done, and hopefully, any institution will contact you soon.
- Text on 49200 or call on their toll-free number 0800 356 635
How to Check the CACH Status with the Login Portal?
Up until now, CACH must have shared all the details with the institutions. You may or may not have the application status updates. To check whether it is the case, follow these steps.
- Login to the CACH online application portal using the username and password.
- Click Check from the main page of your account. After this, you will see the notification in case any institution has contacted you for admission.
If you have not been able to secure admission in any higher education institution, don’t worry and apply for CACH services. They will help you apply to some institutions even after the deadline has passed. It is the best second chance for students to secure a place in the university of their choice.