Dealing with the college application status can be a stressful and overwhelming task. And when it comes to checking the updates on the applications, one has to separate hours from a busy routine for this process.
Basically, the Central Applications Office is made for responding to the applications of undergraduates across South Africa. Now you may ask, what is the purpose of the CAO status check?
In simple words, the CAO offers its applicants to see the progress of their applications, which is considered as the CAO status check.
If you did not know about it before, you could see how many days are left to approve the applications, is there any problem with my plea or when should I visit the office?
CAO status check is simple, I will guide you all about it, come with me and we both will dig the ground of the Central Applications Office.
You can also check status of other universities as well.
CAO Status Check 2023
In my experience, some tasks are not hard but they look hectic because of unfamiliarity. It happened to me when I wanted to check the status of my application and had no source.
After searching for days and trying different methods, I came to know about a few ways to check the CAO status. I have divided each method into simple steps, take a look below!
As I promised to talk about the procedure in simple language I will tell each and every inch of information briefly and simply.
To start checking, open the following website
- Click on the three dots button right above the screen and it will drop a list of options.
- Different options will be visible on the screen, here you can see side options and then the identification numbers. Three-button options are with CAO number, ID number, and passport number.
- All you need is to click on any of these buttons and enter the number you have. Let’s say you have a CAO number, you can enter it in the summit bar. No worries if you do not have a CAO number, you can enter your ID number.
- Anyhow, once you decide which number you have, enter them in the bar given below and you will see a “submit” option on the right side of the bar.
- Click on it and you will be able to see the application updates including all the details.
If you find this method a bit tricky, you can follow me for another way.
How To Check CAO Status Without Internet?
Sometimes parents who are unaware of the technology and the internet do not have any method to see the CAO status of their kids.
For them, I have a way that they can check their status without suffering on the screen. You can call the helpline of the CAO and know about the status.
First, you need to call on the contact no given below and wait until the employee attends. You must have the CAO number of the applicant, ID number, or passport number. Otherwise, you cannot check the status of the application. However, tell the person on the other side, you want to check the status of the application.
As you request them to tell you about your status, they will ask for the identification number. You can provide any of the above-mentioned numbers and wait till the person tells you about the progress.
Here you can ask about the duration of approval, in case your application has failed, you can go for why it failed and other queries.
Results of CAO Status
These two above methods are the most simple and the only way to approach the CAO status. Anyhow, there could be multiple answers you can see on the screen or informed by the CAO person on call. I will tell you about them, so you understand their responses.
- Awaiting Results: It simply indicates towards the other results of the applicant, the institution is waiting for other results.
- Condition Offer: It occurs when the institute has to confirm the higher requirements but you have been offered a position at the educational institute whether college or university.
- Firm Offer: It means you have to accept the position but in withdrawn cases, the applicant does not indicate acceptance or rejection or if the grades do not match the criteria, it may be withdrawn.
- Has not met the programme criteria: Unfortunately, you could not meet the criteria of the programme you have chosen, and you should change the selected programme.
- Interview: The institute will schedule an interview or audition for selection.
- Received: The application has been received and the institute is working on it but it requires a bit more time for further procedures.
- Waiting for a decision: The institute has not yet started working on your application.
- Unsuccessful: It occurs when you do not meet the criteria of the application or the documents plus grades are not as good as they should be, and your application is rejected by the school.
Tips For Using The CAO Status Check
- Check Status Regularly: Because of procrastination and laziness, students submit applications but do not check the status on time. It can deprive you of admission to the institute. Therefore, you should check your status regularly.
- Codes & Symbols: You must know the meanings of the responses I have mentioned above. Most of the time the procedure takes a little longer duration but you should understand the nature of responses by the institute for further procedures.
- Contacting CAO: It is possible you face a problem while status checking or in response. For such problems, I will advise you to contact the CAO office. You can use the helpline I have mentioned above to ask queries and solve your problems.
The method for checking the status can change over time, you may encounter a different interface of the official website. But it does not mean you cannot check the status.
All you need is to remember your ID number, CAO number, or passport number for approaching the personal details. Otherwise, you can visit the office for more information or call the helpline. So don’t worry if you see a different interface, the procedure is the same for submitting identification.
CAO status checking can be hectic if you do not know about the procedure. You can use different methods, go to the official website or dial the number of offices.
Anyhow, the application may take a bit longer so always submit the application before the due date. Do not rely on other sources except the official details and information.
Do not procrastinate, check the status on a regular basis, and in case of any problem call the helpline. Anyway, I have mentioned how to check the details of application updates, the responses you may encounter, and the tips for checking the CAO status. I hope this information will help you, thank you!