MyExam portal of UNISA is an online platform for students. This portal is created to facilitate students and give them a completely online or hybrid learning experience. Essentially, students can access their exams timetable, apply for exams online, submit their exams and assignments, and get hold of their results and records anywhere, any time.
As the world is in continuous technological evolution, UNISA is also trying to bring innovation to its traditional learning and assessment tools. Therefore, they came up with this digital platform where students can easily manage their examination activities. Moreover, the myExam portal of UNISA is more convenient since they do not have to visit the campus physically for every little activity.
How to Register to UNISA’s MyExam Portal?
The registration process of the MyExam portal is almost the same as any other online registration service. You must provide some details and get registration in a few minutes. Here is how to register to the MyExam portal of UNISA.
- First, click the ‘register’ button on the homepage near the ‘myUNISA’ tab.
- Next, enter your name, surname, student number, email, and mobile number. Please note that it is necessary to enter this information; otherwise, you cannot proceed further.
- Then, it will ask you to create and confirm a password by typing it again.
- Now, read the terms and conditions and then accept it by clicking the ‘I agree’ tab.
- After that, you will
- Find the ‘submit’ tab; click on it to receive a confirmation email.
- The email will have a link attached to it; click on it for activation of your account and registration.
- Finally, you can log in to ‘myExam portal’ using your email and password.
How to Login to the MyExam Portal of UNISA?
The login process for UNISA’s MyExam portal is quite easy and direct. Once you open the website it will take you to the login area through instructions. However, if you still face any issues, follow my instructions for a step-by-step guide.
- First, visit the official website of myExam portal by searching it in a web browser or clicking on this link www.unisa.ac.za.
- Next, on the top right corner of the homepage, you will find three options; the one to the extreme right is ‘myUNISA,’ which is what you are looking for, so click on it.
- Then, you will see two boxes asking you for your password and username. Do not worry if you think you do not know your username because it is the same as your student number. The password is the one you made during registration.
- Finally, you can access the MyUNISA homepage, where you can click on ‘myExam’ and gain entry to your exams schedule, marks, etc.
How to Use myExams Portal for Exams?
Once you start using it, this portal is convenient for taking information and uploading exams. It is very important to look into your exam schedule before anything else and read the rules and regulations of exams. So, let’s dig into how to use myExam portal.
- First and foremost, login to myExam portal and download study material from my.unisa.ac.za/, then look for the exam date to find out about the module for code for that day. Now, click on your assigned module code.
- Next, if you have not logged in already, enter your myUNISA credentials in the given box. Now you will see a horizontal navigation bar, find the examination name you are looking for, and click on it. Afterward, download the exam paper with an additional attachment using the eAssessment tool from the left menu.
- After downloading the exam paper, students should readily start attempting the exams either by typing it or by writing it on paper and then scanning it. Regardless of the typing format, the file must be uploaded in a PDF version. Moreover, there is no obligation to stay online during the paper.
- Now, upload your exams by converting them into PDF format and select ‘eAssessment’ from the horizontal navigation bar. Furthermore, select the ‘eAssessment title’ then ‘submission’ and then upload the file as an attachment. In the end, check the honor pledge box.
- Finally, you will get a confirmation message or an email. Accept the email notification so that you save all of the confirmation emails. Moreover, it is very important to save screenshots and emails as it is the only proof that your exams were successfully uploaded.
How to Access Academic Results on myExam Portal of UNISA?
- First, go to myUNISA.
- Next, find ‘Assessment Admin’ and click on it.
- Then, press the ‘examination results’ tab.
- Finally, you will be able to access your exam result.
Note: you can question your exam results but must do so within the three months after they are out. Moreover, clear all your dues like library books money before accessing your results. Otherwise, your access will be denied. Furthermore, you can also find out if you are eligible for supplemental exams with your results.
If you encounter any issue with the portal during the examination or in general, you can contact Student Communication Service Center (SCSC) through the following contact details.
Contact Number: 080 000 1870
Email: [email protected]
Services offered by MyExam portal of UNISA
MyExam portal has a handful of features for students which can save their precious time if used correctly. They cannot only use it for uploading their assignments but also get nonfictions of all the important announcements so they do not miss out on anything. So, let me explain all of the features of UNISA’s myExam portal.
Access to Exams Timetable
Getting your hands on the original timetable is a challenge of its own. First, it is hard to get the timetable. Second, if we get it from other sources, it does not ensure its authenticity. Therefore, this portal allows students access to the latest version of the exam timetable when it is finalized.
Additionally, students do not need to ask here and there for a timetable; instead, they can start exam preparation according to the timetable and easily view the time, date, and location of their exams on the portal.
Online Application and Submission
One of the most convenient features of this portal is its online application and submission. Students can save a great ton of their time by applying online for their exams. Moreover, they go to the portal and fill out the form online for the application.
Likewise, they can submit their assignments online through the MyExam portal. I love this option as it has proven pocket- and time-friendly. So I do not have to make copies of my assignments and submit them physically. Instead, I can upload them with just a few clicks. Moreover, it gives me more time to focus on assignments since their submission is not a big deal anymore.
Typically, students can have access to their academic results around two weeks after their examinations are over. The portal provides all kinds of information, like your score, the course average, and the overall performance of the whole class.
Moreover, students can see their exams script on the website, which is the best way to self-evaluate and analyze their mistakes to avoid future mistakes.
Access to Academic Records
Another amazing service given by this portal is access to academic records. It is especially convenient; if you want to apply for a job and need your transcripts or course history, you can download it to the portal.
Additionally, the portal allows students to see their grades, transcripts, average class performance in a particular subject, course history, current and past courses, and more. Please note that these records are official.
Course Learning Material
People somewhat discard traditional learning ways as it allows students to sit in the lecture room even if they are not mentally available and ready to take in the flood of information showering on them. Moreover, if you miss something during the lecture, there is a high chance you will not get another repetition of the same lecture.
However, this portal provides access to learning materials like lectures, notes, tutorials, and reading lists. This is convenient as students can open it anytime, like in their best learning mode.
Updates and Communication
The portal lets students communicate with their fellow coursemates and lecturers. They can share information or discuss any issue through discussion forums and emails. Moreover, the MyExam portal updates the upcoming event, activities, and the latest news about their studies and campus.
What happens if I don’t write myUNISA exam?
If you miss your exams, you cannot appear for supplemental exams. Therefore you will have to re-enroll for the next course and appear for the examination at the end of that course. The enrollment process is the same as the first time.
Is UNISA open for the second semester of 2023?
It is open for selected undergraduate qualifications only. Moreover, the opening dates are 17 April to 5 May 2023.
How can I download old UNISA question papers?
All of the previous papers, along with the other study materials, are available on the myExam portal for UNISA. So, click on myUNISA and follow the instructions to access the old UNISA question papers.
To sum it up, the MyExam portal of UNISA is the best online platform for all students to stay updated on their exam timetables, upcoming events, and news. Furthermore, they can do exam registration and even submission of their exams and assignments.
Additionally, it allows students to communicate with other students and teachers and have a healthy exchange of academic information. So, register and log in to the portal using the mentioned method and enjoy the innovation in otherwise traditional education.