NSFAS also funds students learning devices apart from other funds. If you are a TVET college student, you must be a continuing NSFAS student receiving funds. Conversely, university students can get learning devices even if they are first-time entering students.
Apply for a Laptop on Campus
You can apply for learning devices on campus. Collect a Digital Learning Device form (DLD), fill it in, and submit it to your Financial Aid Office (FAO) on campus.
You will have to sign an agreement which looks like this (these terms may vary from college to college
I (the student ) have read and understand the policies and information in the Digital Learning Student Handbook.
- I agree to care for and use digital learning devices properly as described in the Student Rights and Responsibility Handbook and Technology Use Form.
- I understand that the school network, accounts, device, and applications are owned by St. Anthony-New Brighton Public Schools and that the school or district has the right to access any files or information at any time.
- I agree to return digital learning devices and accessories in working order.
I ( parent/guardian ) have read the Digital Learning Student Handbook. I understand the technology is provided for educational purposes in keeping with the academic goals of St. Anthony-New Brighton Public Schools. I acknowledge that there may be additional guidelines not listed but within the realm of stated guidelines.
- I understand and will support my student in adhering to this Acceptable Use Agreement as well as the St. Anthony-New Brighton Schools Guidelines for Student Rights and Responsibility Handbook and Technology Use Form.
- I am aware that if my child breaks this agreement, the consequences could include suspension of computer privileges and/or other disciplinary action.
- I understand that the school network, accounts, devices, and applications are owned by St. Anthony-New Brighton Public Schools and that the school or district has the right to access any files or information at any time.
- I understand that digital learning devices are school property and must be returned according to school policy.
- Devices are meant only for currently enrolled students. Devices must be returned upon graduation or un-enrolling for any reason.
- Although the district makes a concerted effort to filter and protect internet activity, I recognize it is impossible for the school to restrict access to all controversial materials and will not hold the school responsible for materials acquired on the school network.
- I understand that children’s computer activities at home should be supervised.
- I understand that I may be required to pay for any repairs needed on the devices or the replacement cost of any
Once you sign these, you would be able to get a Laptop.
Order your NSFAS Laptop Online
- First, visit NSFAS’s official website through this link nsfas.org.za/content/
- Then, open myNSFAS and click on Online Order Portal.
- Then, place an order for a laptop. You must provide information like your institution’s name, phone number, alternative phone number, and email address.
- NSFAS and your institution will verify your details and order.
- Finally, after verification, your laptop order will be successful.
How to Receive NSFAS Laptop?
You will have to collect your laptop yourself. The service provider will not give it to anyone else. Therefore, To receive a laptop, you must bring an identity document or birth certificate and a student card from your institution.
Before receiving the laptop, you must sign and agree to the terms and conditions. Ultimately, they will ask you to sign the acknowledgment receipt of the digital learning device.
If you want to cancel your NSFAS laptop order, inform your campus Financial Aid Office (FAO).