Business analysts are responsible for assessing and evaluating the performance of a business organization. A typical business analyst makes anywhere around R37 000 in South Africa. If you are interested in pursuing your career in this field, here is a complete guide on the average business analyst salary in South Africa.
Business Analyst Salary in South Africa
The average monthly salary of a business analyst in South Africa starts from R19 400 and goes up to R61 900, where the hourly salary for the profession is around R230. However, this amount may change based on your expertise and skill set. Here is a breakdown of what is included in the salary package of a business analyst based in South Africa.
Bonus and Incentives
The best thing about the profession of business is that it is highly rewarding and offers a number of fringe benefits to its employees. Almost 81% of the recruited staff gets around 5-9% of bonuses and increments. Apart from this, they also get to enjoy perks like housing allowance, medical insurance, and transportation cost.
Percentile is the 25th and 75th percent of the earnings employees of a certain profession enjoy across the country and can be found out using the salary distribution chart. According to a recent survey, almost 25% of the total business analyst staff earns less than R30 300 whereas the other 75% earns less than R42 300.
Professional Responsibilities of a Business Analyst
The primary job of a business analyst is to analyze and assess how organizations are working and work for the improvement of the system. Here is a list of all the duties you have to perform as a business analyst in South Africa.
- Communicating with seniors to get the mandate across the board
- Formulating ways and techniques to improve the performance of systems
- Getting internal and external stakeholders on one page
- Implementing the new techniques for assessing routine performance
- Organizing training sessions and workshops for employees
- Research and development to find solutions for better system efficiency
Factors that Influence Business Analyst Salary in South Africa
There are a number of factors that comes into play while deciding your salary as a business analyst. These things include everything from expertise to skill set, gender, and where you are based. Here is a breakdown of how much each of these factors counts when determining the monthly salary of a business analyst.
Level of Experience
The first thing a company would see in your resume is the level of experience you have. For instance, a candidate with ten years of experience will earn more than five years and less than twenty years. Here is a quick guide on how people with varying expertise get paid across South Africa.
|Level of Experience||Salary (Per Month)||Increase (Percentage)|
|0-2 years of experience||R23 000||0%|
|2-5 years of experience||R29 600||29%|
|5-10 years of experience||R40 900||38%|
|10-15 years of experience||R50 600||24%|
|15-20 years of experience||R54 200||7%|
|Over 20 years of experience||R57 900||7%|
Your qualification is another parameter on which your salary as a business analyst is dependent. For instance, a candidate with a bachelor’s degree will make more than those with a high-school diploma or any other certification. Following is the average salary across different levels of education for a business analyst.
|Level of Education/ Qualification||Salary Per Month||Increase (Percentage)|
|High School||R28 800||0%|
|Diploma or Certificate||R33 000||15%|
|Bachelors Degree||R44 500||35%|
|Masters Degree||R55 900||26%|
City of Employment
Similarly, business analysts based in different cities have different salary brackets, based on the workload and traffic. Here is how you will get paid across the popular cities of South Africa as a business analyst.
|City||Salary (Per Month)|
|Pretoria, Gauteng||R39 200|
|Durban, KwaZulu Natal||R43 200|
|Johannesburg, Gauteng||R42 800|
|Cape Town, Western Cape||R43 900|
|Port Elizabeth||R40 000|
Gender is yet another factor that highly influences your pay in the profession of business. According to the surveyed staff, men have almost a 7% increased chance of getting recruited and paid. On the contrary, you will not find many women working in this field, and here is a list of how both genders get paid in this field.
What is an average hourly salary of a business analyst in South Africa?
The hourly wage of a business analyst in South Africa is around R230.
Are there any bonuses for business analysts in South Africa?
Yes, business analysts get to enjoy almost 9% of bonuses each month.
What is the average salary of a business analyst based in South Africa?
A typical business analyst based in South Africa earns anywhere near R39 700.
Business analysis is one of the highest-paid professions in South Africa, full of bonuses, increments, and fringe benefits. I hope, after reading this guide, you have a clear idea of what to expect while entering this field.