I can understand how hard it is for some students to even pay for online application fees. In such conditions, we all want to find a magical spell that pays our online application fee in university.
I do not have that magical spell but I have a way to break this cycle, I have found a few universities with free online applications. Yes, you are not daydreaming, now you can register for free if you are living in South Africa.
The high degree of your curiosity and excitement is valid, but I want to warn you about the fake documents and tricking the institute will not work. So, do not apply if you have wrong intentions. Now we move towards fulfilling your dreams of higher education, come along with me and I will tell you about 5 universities in South Africa and how you can apply there for free, let’s kick off!
1. University of Johannesburg (UJ)
The first university on my list is the University of Johannesburg which is known for its quality education. UJ is the 421st in the ranking of international universities. The university offers a list of courses in Art & Design, Architecture, Economics, Education, humanities courses, and much more. In my opinion, you should apply for the UJ because there is no application fee plus they offer inexpensive education.
The highly experienced faculty and foreign students create a happy environment. Here you will receive not only education but also exposure to foreigners. UJ is also famous for its ThinkTanks on humanities, politics, and international relations. You can join them and become a diplomat. Anyhow, you can apply for UJ by following this methodology.
How To Apply For The University Of Johannesburg
- Log into the student portal with a password and ID number.
- Tap on “Classes” and then “Registration’’.
- Fill out the form and upload the related documents.
- Tap on “Registration Verification” and verify your account.
- Submit the application.
Official Website Link
2. North West University (NWU)
Then comes one of the most famous North West University which has 1001 in the world ranking. NWU has an organized system of managing applications and looking after the students who get want admission to the institute. The institute is offering a free online application and one can apply within a minute. On the other hand, they have provided the basic information and further documents details on their official website.
This university offers a wide number of courses in which the Department of Science is famous. Under this department, you can study Animal Science, Agriculture, and Computer Sciences. Physics and Chemistry are also offered under the Department of Science. Then there is a Department of Commerce, Educational Sciences, Engineering, and Health Sciences. The application procedure is mentioned below.
How To Apply For North West University
- First, you have to click on the link provided below.
- After the interface is visible and you can clearly see buttons, click on the “Applications are now open”
- Wait for a few seconds and the link will take you to another page where you see 5 steps
- The first is to create a pin, click on the first step, and create your pin.
- Go to the next step and log in.
- Tap on the third step and determine what you want to study at NWU.
- Upload the supporting documents in the fourth step.
- In the fifth step, you have to provide the important documents.
- The last one is for submitting the application.
Link Of NWU Official Website
3. University Of South Africa (Unisa)
After applying to the NWU, you should also try for the University of South Africa which is another University with Free Online Applications. There are so many advantages to getting admission to this university; first, you will get a monthly allowance if you score more than average. Second, the fees of the Unisa are lower than the other universities. On the other hand, Unisa is offering a free application procedure that is quite simple.
I prefer Unisa because of its wide range of courses and world ranking. The university has 363 numbers on the QS ranking and offers more than 30 courses. First, we have the College of Accounting where you can pursue the commerce of finance careers. Then there is a College of Environmental Science, Humanities, Science, Education Science, College of Law, and more. Here is a procedure to send an application online.
How To Apply For The University Of South Africa?
- The first is to open the official website by clicking on the link below.
- Once the link opens, go to the top bar and find the button “Admissions”.
- As you navigate on it, a drop-down small window will appear with the sections, select your level such as “Undergraduate” or “Masters”.
- Here you may see different options such as the “2nd semester application” or “First time application” and so on. You have to select your level, let’s say you are applying for the first time and click on a full-time Unisa application.
- As you click on the button wait for the interface and you will see 4 steps to apply in Unisa.
- Do not jump to the next step, stay on the first step of “Application for admission starts here” and scroll down.
- You will see a button “Start the Procedure”, click on it and the procedure have begun.
- As you click on this button, it will take you to another page, here you have to read all the details and requirements and then scroll down to the end of the page. You will see a button there for “Start Procedure” tap on it.
- Complete the further 4 steps and provide the required documents, you have done, and submit the application.
Unisa Official Website Link
4. University Of Pretoria (UP)
452 number in the list of QS ranking, we are talking about the University of Pretoria UP. The hub of intellectuals, the house of geniuses, and the place for future shapers. UP is famous for its top-quality education, international students, seminars, science labs, and cooperative faculty. I have personally visited the institution and I offer every student to get admission to this institute.
They are offering all programs; from Bachelor to Master and Ph.D. On the other hand, you can study a number of courses such as Law, Commerce, Human Sciences, Education Sciences, and so on. UP is also offering inexpensive education, hundreds of scholarships, and free admission applications. The procedure to submit an application to the institute is mentioned below.
How To Apply For The University of Pretoria?
- Reach out to the official website with the help of the link mentioned below.
- Scroll down and you will see two options: “Undergraduate” and “PostGraduate”, choose one according to your level.
- As you identify your level and these two options, see below each option a button “Apply”, and click on it.
- As you click on the button a new page will open and you will see different options. If you want a complete detailed model then tap on the “Application Guidelines”, otherwise, tap on the “Apply Now” button.
- Follow the instructions, provide the required documents, and submit the form.
Offcial Website Link Of University Of Pretoria
5. Rhodes University (RU)
Another university is Rhodes University known for its free online application. The institute has a 935 position on the QS ranking. However, they are offering all courses including Science, Engineering, Law, Human Science, and Commerce. They also offer an easy method to apply for free. To go to the official website, click on the link below.
Rhodes University Official Website Link
- As you can see from the official page, it will have multiple options but go to the first bar of the options and find “Studying”.
- Navigating the cursor on the option will cause a drop-down list, select the “Online Apply” option.
- It will take you to a new page, where you will see a blue-colored option “Ross” Click here, follow the lead, and wait for the next page.
- It will ask you to log in, select the “Log in as admission application” and fill in the bars below.
- Provide all documents and submit the application, you have successfully applied for the Rhodes University RU.
Which Documents Do I Need To Apply?
It is hard to determine which documents you need to apply for because every university has a different policy. But I should assure you that there are a few documents that you will need in the future to apply to all universities. The list of those essential and must-have documents is mentioned below, take a look carefully and find if you are missing anyone of them.
Scanned Copies Of Academic Transcript
Transcripts are the basic documents for applying to universities. Without a transcript, you cannot apply to a single university. First, attest your transcript and then get a few copies. Now scan the transcript with the help of scanner applications, such as PDF Scanner. Always upload in PDF form.
ID Document Or Passport
Another major document you always keep in your cell phone files is the ID document. It includes your ID card, passport, or governmental permits for permanent residency. These are the most significant documents, scan them and make a PDF file.
Passport Size Pictures
Whether you apply in South Africa or you are in Europe, they ask for passport-size pictures. In more detail, a few institutes ask for only blue or black background pictures according to their policies. So, you should take passport-size pictures in formal dress and without a fancy background.
Is the University of Johannesburg application free?
The University of Johannesburg is open for the applicants. You can go and apply for the admission, there is no fee for online applications.
Which country is easy to study for free?
There are a few countries that offer completely free education. Finland, Denmark, Norway, and Iceland are prominent. South Africa does not offer free education but you can get a list of allowances and scholarships for higher education.
How much money do I need to study in South Africa?
Depending on the conditions and the type of education, if you are completely independent then you will need 50,000R for a degree. But the people who get scholarships need less money such as 35,000 R or 40,000 R.
Education is the future of our country, without a high literacy rate we cannot compete with emerging powers such as China, Brazil, and India. To promote education in the region, the government is supporting all institutes. They provide funds to the universities to cut per-semester costs, increase quality of education and provide allowances to the students.
A free online application has attracted many students toward higher education. I have provided links to 5 top universities in South Africa and discussed their application procedure. I hope this information will help you in the future, thank you!