SASSA stands for South African Social Security Agency which is providing R350 social relief grants to all of those beneficiaries that have qualified the eligibility criteria for the grant. You have to apply if you want to get the grant.
Then you have to wait until SASSA officials verify and approve your application for getting the grant or 350. In case your application is approved you will get the grant.
On the other hand, it’s not always necessary that all applications for the SASSA grant get accepted. There are chances that the South African Social Security Agency cancels the application. What to do next, what is SASSA’s appeal for R 350, and what is its procedure?
After submitting the SASSA grant appeal for R350, now is the time when you have to wait until you receive a message from the officials telling you about what happened with your appeal. In case you want to track your appeal, you can also go with the SASSA appeal status check to see what status your appeal is present at a certain time.
To check the status of the SASSA appeal, what you have to do is,
- Open the link by clicking on srd.dsd.gov.za/appeals/.
- There would be a green bar saying, “click here to lodge an appeal or check appeal status”.
- Look for that and click on that and you will be landed on the page that will ask you to enter your ID number.
- You have to add the ID number to your South African National Identity Card. It should be the same as that you have provided in your application.
- Now they will ask you to enter your phone number. Make sure to enter the registered phone number that you have already entered in your application.
- Click on okay and track your appeal.
On the other hand, you also have the option of contacting the SASSA call center by dialling 0800 6010 11. Further contact details are mentioned at the end.
Once your appeal is approved, you can check further about your payment from following link
Whatever would be the status of your appeal, it would be in front of you. You don’t have to submit an appeal again and again if you have already submitted it before. Wait until you receive the information via SMS.
Moreover, if you have received a message saying that your appeal has been declined again. Numerous causes could be the reasons for that.
SASSA Appeal process For R350
Well, the SASSA appeal for R 350 is a formal procedure of re-requesting the SASSA to reconsider your application that has been canceled before. You can appeal for the reconsideration of a rejected grant R350 SASSA application if you are sure that you are eligible and in need to get the grant.
Let’s look at the details of the SASSA appeal for r350, and what procedure you have to follow to submit for r350. But first, I’ll put light on the possible causes of decline.
Possible Causes of Declining
Before looking at the procedure of appealing, you have to make sure that you know the exact reason for the SASSA grant rejection. Some of the common causes of rejections are mentioned below.
- Applicants are not within the age limit provided by SASSA to be eligible for getting the grant.
- If you are already admitted to some caregiving state institution.
- If you can earn and can earn a good living.
- If you are receiving the grant from some other official setup like NSFAS.
- If you are dead.
- If you have submitted incorrect information about yourself.
- Your application can also get canceled if the applicant is no longer living in the country.
Steps of Lodging An Appeal
Before lodging for the saSSA appeal for the R350 grant, you have to make sure that you have your ID card number with you, your mobile number with you and an internet connection and internet enabled computer system or mobile phone in your hand. After collecting all these, follow the steps to submit an appeal.
- Visit the official website of SASSA by clicking on srd.dsd.gov.za/appeals/.
- Look for the option that says “Click here to lodge an appeal or check appeal status”.
- Click on the green bar.
- Now enter your ID number, and make sure that the number you are entering is the same number that you have provided in your application.
- Now enter your cell phone number. It should also be the same that you have already provided in your application before. Ensure the phone number is also registered in your name.
- Now click on “send pin” and wait, until you receive a message on the mobile number that you have provided.
- Open the message you have received and you will get a verification pin code.
- Enter the pin code that you have received and click on “submit”.
- Now select the month that you are appealing to get the grant.
- There would be a drop-down arrow, look for it and click it to choose the actual reason for the SASSA r350 grant appeal.
- Now click on submit.
These applications that are sent to SASSA as an appeal for r350 are reviewed and checked by an Independent Tribunal.
The Independent Tribunal will determine and check whether the cancellation of the application was by mistake or it was because of some specific reason. After rechecking, you will soon get to know about your appeal of application, via msg on your phone.
Important Points To Keep In Mind
- Make sure you have submitted an appeal for every month that your application was rejected.
- Ensure you are appealing for reconsideration within the first 30 days of receiving the cancellation status of your application.
- You cannot submit an appeal after 90 days because 90 days is the deadline for submitting an appeal.
- Make sure your contact details are accurate on the SRD appeal form.
- In case you see any missings, upgrade the information before sending the appeal.
- You can also contact the department of Social Development Independent Tribunal for questions and queries about your appeal.
Possible Causes Of Declining Of Your Appeal
- If the officials, in their inquiry, have found that you have an alternative income source and the balance in your bank accounts is more than R 595, they have the right to decline your appeal.
- If the personal information you have provided does not match the information about you in the Department of Home Affairs.
- If the officials have found that you already are getting a grant from SASSA during the reconsidered time frame that you have mentioned to get the SASSA grant.
- If you are a beneficiary of NSFAS, then your appeal will decline.
- If you are not in the age range eligible for getting the grant, which is 18 to 60 years.
- Another reason that your appeal can get declined is that the home affairs database has registered you as dead.
Appeal Contact Information
Let’s at the end talk about the contact information via which you can contact the SASSA officials for queries, questions, and other inquiries.
- Website: www.sassa.gov.za
- Email: [email protected]
- SASSA Toll-Free number: 0800601011
Independent Appeals Tribunal
- Tel: 012 312 7727
- Email: [email protected]SASSA SRD official Website: srd.sassa.gov.za/
- SASSA Grant Enquiries Office: [email protected]
- SASSA WhatsApp Line Number: 082 046 8553
Kenneth Baloyi (Sassa’s Contact Center Manager)
- Tel: 0793081033
- Email: [email protected]
- Social Media Channel-Twitter: twitter.com/OfficialSASSA
- Social Media Channel-Facebook: facebook.com/SASSANewsZA/
What is the time frame for appealing for SASSA R350?
The applicants are suggested to submit an appeal within a month of rejection. As soon as they get to know that their application has been rejected they should submit an appeal quickly. You have a limit of three months which is 90 days to appeal. After 90 days, you will get to know about the decision via a message that whether your appeal has been accepted or it has also been rejected.
What types of social grants SASSA is providing to its citizens?
There are several grants that the South African Social Security Agencies provide to its citizens. The grants include a Foster Child Grant, Care Dependency Grant, Old Age Grant, Child Support Grant, Grant Aid, Disability Grant, Social Distress of Relief Grant, Covid-19 Social Distress of relief grant, and War Veterans Grant. All of the grants are provided by SASSA to eligible candidates who are truly in need and are verified for getting the grant by SASSA officials.
What are the possible reasons for the decline of reconsideration?
6 possible causes can result in declining re-consideration. If SASSA gets to know about your alternative income source, it has the right to cancel your appeal. If your ID verification has failed, if you already have a SASSA grant account, if you are registered in the NSFAS scheme, if you do not fall in the age range, and if you are mentioned as dead in the home affairs database, during the considered period, there are chances that your consideration gets declined.
What are the important things that you need to have when you lodge for the SASSA grant appeal?
You have to make sure that you have your ID card number and phone number with you. Make sure that your ID number and phone number are the same that you have already provided in your application form.
You should have an internet-enabled computer or mobile phone with you, before submitting the reconsideration appeal. Moreover, ensure your ID card number and phone number are the same that you have provided before.
The South African Social Security Agency provides grants to eligible people who are going through extreme financial difficulties. The officials provide financial assistance monthly to eligible candidates who are truly in need of getting the aid.
There are specific eligibility criteria that you have to fulfill to get the grant. Otherwise, there are chances that your application gets canceled.
In case of cancellation and your surety that you are eligible for getting the grant, you can always go with the SASSA appeal for r350. Above mentioned guide tells you about the whole procedure of SASSA appeal for r350 and how to check its status.
I have also elaborated on the exact way how you can appeal for R350, how you can check for the status of your appeal and what are the possible causes that your application and appeal can get rejected. Read the details so you can get the appeal if you are eligible.