It will come as a shock to me if you haven’t used any online portal to date. With the increasing use of technology, everyone needs to use online portals.
After being associated with the University of Pretoria for a few years, I would love to write about my experience after using their UP portal.
The article below will help you log in easily and access all the important information on the UP portal. You can find a list of information available for new and old students. Please make sure you sign up to keep yourself updated.
I am sure you will have a great experience once you know how to use the UP portal without visiting the University.
Things You Can Do on UP Portal
You might think the UP portal only helps when registering or applying for something. It is very useful as you can find a good amount of information by just opening it.
A list of things is given below that can be done using the UP portal.
- The first and most important thing about the UP portal is that you get access to the academic calendar. You will get to know your schedule for the coming months and can plan accordingly. This is extremely helpful for students who are into extra-curricular activities.
- The students can check their timetables on the portal to know the timings for their lectures.
- You can do it on the portal if you are a new student who wants to register or apply for admission. The detailed instructions for application are already mentioned. You can also check the status of your application from time to time to stay updated.
- The UP portal can help you pay fees. You can check the acceptance of the fee on the same portal after a few days. This makes the process easy and smooth for the students and staff.
- Lastly, if you are a student who wants to register for a new course in the University, you can do it directly from the portal. The forms can be filled out, and you can register by sitting at home. You can also drop courses by filling a request online.
Hence all this information is available on the UP portal that can be accessed from your mobile phone or laptop within a few minutes.
This saves your time and energy, and you appreciate the University’s software management team for being so facilitative.
University of Pretoria Portal Login
If you are a student of the University of Pretoria, you can easily log into the portal. Click on the following Login Button
You can navigate to the link and find the login option. You can log in by entering the username and password if you are already registered.
This portal is helpful to all students, be the new or old, staff or faculty members and for online applications.
Steps To Login For A New Student
The following steps can help you log in if you are a new student on the University of Pretoria’s portal. These helped me sign in when I was new and had less knowledge of online portals.
- Firstly, you must navigate to the official personal portal from the provided link here.
- Browse the login page and look for a “New User” option or click here.
- Now you have to enter your username and set the password for the portal. It is mandatory to start your username with the letter “U” and add your ID or passport number.
- When done, you can enter your password but ensure it is valid and fulfils the requirements.
- Like every other website, you have to select three questions for security purposes.
- After choosing the questions, you can click on save. You can now successfully log in to your UP portal.
ClickUp & UP Portal
UP portal is different as compared to the Clickup login portal. If you are looking for Clickup login, simply go here https://clickup.up.ac.za/webapps/login/
This ClickUp is also known as Blackboard. This ClickUp portal is for learning rather than activities that you can do on UP Portal.
How To Reset Passwords On UP Portal?
Whenever you open the UP portal, you can see an option for “Lost Password” below the box where you enter your password. Click on that link and enter your username with your ID or passport number.
You will have to answer the three security questions and can reset the password. The new password is set and can be used for logging in the portal.
Why Use UP Portal?
All colleges and universities must keep up with technology as more of our life is transacted online. The expectations of people have increased over time as they prefer using technology.
Students expect to have online portals for colleges and universities that make the process easy and smooth. This is extremely helpful when registering for a new program or updating the current students.
The portal enhances your online services and helps in delivering the content successfully. It is a kind of support students have had since day one.
I had a great experience using the University of Pretoria’s portal during my graduation days. It is a user-friendly portal that provides all the necessary information.
If there is any issue with the online portal or you need some information that isn’t available online, you can contact the University with the help of following email or call on the support number.
STAFF / GUEST
STUDENTS / ALUMNI
- IT Help desk: for password related queries. Only registered students should call to verify details.
- Support Number: (012) 420-3837
STUDENT SERVICE CENTER / STUDY APPLICANTS
- Finance/Application Status/Registration/Placements/Accommodation and Residence Queries.
- Email: [email protected]
- Support Number: (012) 420-3111
The email address and contact numbers differ for the staff and students. You can also visit the social media pages for any necessary information.
Can you use a UP portal on your phone?
Yes, you can use the portal on your phone easily. Log in with your username and password and scroll for the necessary information.
How do I use the UP portal?
The instructions to use any portal are given on it. You can find different information, e.g., academic calendars and timetables. Moreover, it makes the registration process easy for you too.
How do you pay in a UP portal?
You have the multiple payment options on the portal. Click on the invoice and then you can enter the details and pay the specified amount.
A brief article on the UP portal is given above so you can know how to log in and what information is available. The online portal for the University of Pretoria makes life easy, and all the important information is present.
Register as a new student or look for the courses or timetables. The fee can also get paid via the UP portal. Hence the University facilitates the students and faculty.