Coca-Cola Beverages South Africa (CCBSA) bursary allows students to complete their tertiary education as long as they meet the requirements. CCBSA inaugurated the study buddy fund in 2021, which is designed to aid South African students who are financially unstable but are academically exceptional.
The company is now inviting students to apply for the bursary 2023 academic year, hence do not miss the chance. Let me guide you on this bursary program’s requirements and process.
This program comes under a general bursary category meaning it’s offered to students regardless of their subject and career choice. Hence you can apply for this bursary regardless of your specific field because it covers all fields.
To receive the bursary, you are required to achieve a certain minimum percentage. The recipients must receive an academic average of 65%, complete their degree within the required periods and also engage in CCBSA service programs during their vacations. So you must maintain your percentage during the period of your study.
What Does CCBSA Bursary Offer To Students?
The CCBSA offers bursaries to students to cover their expenditures. Moreover, it also provides various opportunities for students.
- Accommodation fees
- Stipend for living expenses
- Tuition fees
- Students will receive career advice.
- Mentorship opportunities.
- Leadership cultivation.
- Also, provide job-related expertise through training and internship.
- Successful applicants may also be requested to participate in skills development workshops and many more community service projects with CCBSA professionals.
Main Pillars Of The Study Buddy Fund
Following are the main pillars of the bursary program.
Host Community Bursary Program
The program offers financial assistance to students who hail from or reside in communities that host Coca-Cola operations in South Africa. It is a standard practice of different companies that offers a bursary to put emphasis on candidates’ residential dress or nationality.
The communities which the company prefers are the following.
- PTA West Ward 55
- Greater Nigel
- Westenburg to Seshego
- Greater Eldorado Park Community (Freedom and Motsoaledi included)
- Alabama and Manguang
Moreover, students who do not belong to these areas can also apply for the program, but preference will be given to students from these communities.
A program that aims to assist students already in university by partnering with certain universities to open a window of opportunity for students.
Bursaries: The company partners with universities to aid students through scholarships and bursaries.
Training and cultivating skills: They also provide training to students and aid in cultivating their skills so that they can grasp better opportunities for themselves.
This program is designed for those students who do not meet the eligibility criteria for university entrance and hence are unable to further their studies. This program focuses on enhancing the students’ technical skills, especially targeting electrical or mechanical engineering.
Criteria For The Selection Process
The following are the requirements of the company for the applicants. Therefore keep the eligibility criteria in mind to be successful in your attempt.
Applicants Must be
- A Citizen of South Africa.
- Black South Africans (as they will be prioritized per the BBBEE code of good practice).
- Concluding their Matric in 2022.
- Able to finish Matric with bachelor’s admission.
- Residents of the communities mentioned above. Because the company prefers them.
- Accepted in an authorized tertiary university in South Africa. Moreover, you must have your acceptance letter.
Applicants Must Not Be
- A temporary resident of South Africa.
- Children or relatives of the existing staff members, administrators, or owners of Coca-Cola company and its branches.
- International student.
You do not need to fill out any application forms. You only need to provide essential documents and send them to the company. Let me inform you about the list of documents you need to submit.
- Certified copy of your South African authentic ID card.
- If you have your verified copy of your Matric certificate, then also submit that.
- You can submit a certified copy of the latest Matric result if you don’t have the certificate.
- A letter explaining your reason for applying and why you deserve the bursary.
- Acceptance letter from your selected university.
- Lastly, also provide your residential address proof.
Remember to provide authentic academic transcripts and identification documents.
Submit Your Documents Through an E-mail
You can submit your vital records to [email protected]. Also, while submitting, write “CCBSA Bursary Application 2023” in the “subject line.”
I have provided all the details regarding the CCBSA bursary application process and requirements. You can easily submit your application by following the provided information. You can submit the required documents through an email. Moreover, remember all the eligibility criteria before applying and check if you fall within the category, or else it will be rejected.
Closing Date: 27 January 2023
Bursary Inquiries: Contact the bursary directly if you have any queries through [email protected].