Are you a recent graduate who wants to pursue a financial career in a tax collecting department? If the answer is yes, look no further than the SARS graduate programme because it provides you with what every finance graduate needs. The department is offering different programmes for graduates and undergraduates to continue their studies and experience the field.
The good news is that the department is offering all kinds of business administration and financial studies programmes to recent graduates for free. There is a list of benefits of these programmes such as you will gain experience and earn money plus you will have an opportunity to work with highly experienced experts of the SARS.
Let’s gather all the facts about the SARS graduate programme and take a look at them in depth.
SARS Graduate Programme
There are different programmes under the SARS but our focus is the Graduation Development Programme (GDP). The programme was first launched in 1999 and its purpose was to select highly experienced SARS employees. Later the programme became one of the most demanding in South Africa but with the passage of time, SARS has changed its rules and codes for education.
There are different courses and sub-programmes offered by the SARS Department of Education such as the CA or Data Analysis. SARS has divided the programme into two parts: the Graduate programme, and the Chartered Accountant programme. The purpose of the SARS Graduate programme is to provide training and allow graduates to practice under the guidance of experts.
The interesting part is that SARS graduate programmes are worldwide recognized and considered worthy. It is possible that you find a job in the SARS while completing the programme, otherwise, you can find a respectable position in other organizations. South African Revenue Service is one of the most powerful institutes of the state and plays a major role in the economy and development of South Africa.
The purpose of the SARS is to collect taxes but it also started different programmes to educate the future of the country. In short, these training programmes are very helpful for the candidates to function in the practice field and once you have completed the programme, you will find a position as soon as possible. Here are the two major programmes and their details briefly.
Graduation In Training Programme
- Graduation Development Programme: It is designed for fresh graduates who are eager to gain experience in their related field. The programme is only for finance and accounting students and it will be completed within 2 years. The purpose of this programme is to provide a workplace to the graduates so they can openly work and gain experience in their field and perform multiple activities such as audit, tax-related activities, compliance, and tax planning.
- Chartered Accountant Training Programme: It is a programme for students who want to become a Chartered Accountant. The programme duration is 3 years, candidates have to complete the programme in the given duration. The purpose of this programme is to provide a healthy environment to the students and gain experience.
- Data Analytics Graduate Programme: The last one is the Data Analytics programme which is designed for the data science students such as statistics or related fields. The duration of this programme is two years and the purpose is to give a place to the students where they can effortlessly flourish.
The above programmes are not the limits of the SARs but there are also other courses offered by the department’s education and development area. Anyhow, each programme has different criteria but you must fall in the major eligibility codes. These codes are mentioned below, see them, and then we will apply for the programme.
- The graduate must be a citizen or permanent resident of South Africa.
- The graduate should have a 3.0 or above CGPA in the related degree.
- The graduate must have done graduation from a recognized university.
- The graduate must be proficient in English.
How to Apply For SARS Graduate Programme?
You might face difficulty while applying for the programme but I have divided the entire procedure into simple steps. All you need is to spare 5 minutes and follow my instructions so you can apply for the programme effortlessly. Do not wait, start copying my steps and you will get an admission.
Go to the official website of the SARS and click on the “Careers” section. The link to the official website is given below, tap on it and be patient until the page loads. As you see the page, scroll down to the end of it and you will see the “Careers’ ‘ options, tap on it.
Official Website: sars.gov.za/careers/trainee-programmes/
A new page will appear with a list of instructions, read all the information it provides, and then proceed further. You will see “Graduate in Training Programme”, tap on it and scroll to the end of the page. Here you see two buttons, tap on the one you are interested in.
As you tap on the option, you will see a new page with the “Apply” button and different instructions. Read out all the details before you apply and if you agree then go further. It will show you different empty bars where you should provide all the relevant information; provide authentic details otherwise, the department will take legal action against you.
When you tap on the “Next” button it will take you to the new page where the system will ask you to upload your CV. Tap on the button then click on “Browse” open the folder where your documents are saved and select the right one. Click on the upload button and it will take a few seconds, do not cancel the procedure until it completes.
Because the interface changes with the passage of time there are chances that you see a bit different options. SARS can ask for the degree but if you have not issued it yet then upload your transcript. Anyhow, upload the accurate and authentic documents, if you are selected then the department will send you an email.
How much do you get paid in South Africa for a graduate program?
The graduate programme candidate gets R123 per hour.
SARS is offering an opportunity to all graduates that they can complete their further studies, receive monthly handsome pay, and get experience in the field. The graduate development programme is the key to getting a quality education and working with the experts of the country, so you become a master in your field.
Anyhow, I have explained all about the SARS graduate programme, its criteria, and how you can apply for it. I hope this information will help you in the future, thank you!