FASSET, or Finance and Accounting Services Sector Education and Training Authority, is a public-sector institution created under the Skill Development Act of 1998. The mission of this organization is to promote and expand the finances within the governmental capacity of South Africa.
Over the years, it has launched a number of training and education programs for students to benefit in the marketplace after their degrees. They are also committed to improving the skill base of the students in their respective fields.
What is FASSET Bursary?
FASSET offers a large range of funding to South African students enrolled in accredited universities. This bursary is for pupils studying in the field of Accounting, Finance, Audit, and Marketing.
The sole purpose of this bursary is to improve the employment rate in the finance and accounting field. The organization strongly believes that the sector requires a high flux of new skill sets and futuristic candidates that can bring innovation. This will, in turn, assist the organization’s mission.
|Bursary Type||Post-Matric, Undergraduate|
|Countries Eligible||It is for South African Students|
|Opening Date||July (Each Year)|
|Closing Date||August (Each Year)|
What Does It Cover in Monthly Allowance?
FASSET offers a full bursary, which means it is a total funding that covers all of the degree expenses. This includes;
- Medical expenses
- Tuition fee (entire) along with stipend
- Accommodation or Transportation
Generally, anyone eligible for applying to MPhil programs is eligible for the bursary. However, to give you an idea, here are some things required to apply for the FASSET bursary;
- The student must be in the last year of their matric degree.
- The student must be a Black or colored South African Citizen. He/ she should be from the Western or Northern Cape areas.
- If the student is disabled and belongs to any race/ he/ she can apply.
- The matric degree of the student must be full-time and recognized by the South African Tertiary institution (TVET College or University of Technology).
- He/She must be enrolled in the 10 skills list the FASSET has released.
- The household income of the student must be between R123000 and R600000 per annum.
Field of Study
This bursary is specifically for students studying in the fields that are relevant to the FASSET required skills. You can check out the complete list on the official FASSET website. Currently, it offers the bursary for the ten-degree programs, including:
- ICT (Computer and Technology)
- Accounting and Auditing,
- Management Studies
- Market Professionals (Financial),
- Internal Auditors and Risk Managers
- Marketing Studies
- Accounting Technicians
How to Apply for FASSET Bursary?
The application process for the FASSET bursary is fairly simple. All you need to do is submit the required documents along with the original application form to their portal. The entire application process is online. So, make sure to submit clear and easily readable copies for no inconvenience later on.
Documents Required for Application
Here are some documents you will need to apply for the FASSET bursary.
- Your National ID document (it must be certified).
- A certified copy of the matric mark sheet.
- Any proof of registration and acceptance of your application to an accredited tertiary institution.
- Copies of parents’ or guardian IDs (certified).
- Proof of the household income (This can be anything like payslips or grant slips). In case you are unemployed or don’t have the payslips, submit an affidavit).
- Certificate of other qualifications you have, If any.
- Proof of your current residence.
You can contact the HR facility at FASSET directly through these details for application queries.
- Official Website: https://www.fasset.org.za/head_office.html
- Phone Number: 087 821 2680
- Switchboard: 087 562 8214
- Fax: +011 476 5756
- Email: [email protected]
- Postal Address: PO Box 6801 Cresta 2118, Gauteng
FASSET bursary is the best way for accounting students to fully fund their education without worrying about their tuition fees as well as stipends. This program is launched by the public sector accounting organization to grow and expand the respective skill set.
Likewise, over time, FASSET has launched multiple training sessions for students to enter the marketplace with complete knowledge. So, other than this bursary, you can also check out the never-ending opportunities from the organization to grow and excel in the field.